Responsible for managing the performance and operations of the Reservations Department to ensure
superior and consistent customer service to our clients Travel Agents and Direct Customers. Lead and develop
a sales culture that focuses on continuous improvement in the team. Monitor key Call Center measures
and trends to create efficiencies and improvements to client service. Coach and develop staff to
successfully meet and exceed company goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage Reservations team effectively to meet revenue and sales goals for the
organization. Monitor staff performance and key Call Center measures. Evaluate and document
- Develop and implement operational practices within the team to maximize efficiencies and
provide a high level of customer service. Schedule work shifts to ensure adequate coverage.
Establish departmental policies and practices for smooth operations. Implement strategies to
drive increased conversion rates from current inbound call potential.
- Coordinate hiring and training of staff. Responsible for ensuring new hire training and
continuous skill attainment is achieved throughout the department. Develop and document
training programs to maintain a high level of proficiency. Provide guidance to employees on
complex customer issues. Handle high level customer issues and coordinate with various
departments to resolve problems or concerns. Ensure company procedures are followed with
regard to customer interaction and system usage.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product Management to stay current on new products or
program offerings within the business. Assist with sales generation in department. Work with
management to educate staff on new promotions and programs. Responsible for
communications and team development.
- Evaluate and keep up to date on the latest Call Center technologies. Implement any changes to
improve Call Center performance and service to clients.
- Assist with answering queue calls and reservation bookings when needed to manage workload.
- Coordinate with HR and Dublin office to manage college intern program within Reservations.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to deliver exceptional product and service. Implement a
yield-management approach to maximize load-factor, revenue, and yield across total customer
tour seats each year.
- Prepare and present weekly reports to VP Sales on department operations. Communicate
monthly KPI progress to Senior Management on Reservations and ongoing projects.
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three to five years managing staff in a Call Center environment. Several years of experience developing and training staff to meet key performance measures.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in sales generation and program management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and Salesforce. Familiarity with Sabre is desired.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Track record of being results oriented and quality driven.
Frequent work on phones and computers in an office environment.
Occasional overseas travel.