The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the review of invoices and timely processing for payment of those invoices.
Essential functions/ Key Accountabilities:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Sort and distribute invoicing mail.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Manage and maintain data entry of invoices for specified letter range on a timely manner.
- Sort and match invoices to the respective check requests.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy, and accepted accounting practices.
- Handles invoices for satellite divisions and other locations.
- Review merchandise invoices that have been processed.
- Assist with other special projects as assigned by the manager.