The Account Director (AD) is responsible for managing client relationships, growing client engagement models and overseeing the success of one or more strategic accounts. This individual serves as a leader within the Account Management team, is skilled at having difficult conversations, and consistently demonstrates an advanced ability to rally a team to deliver high client satisfaction.The AD also works closely with the Sales and Business Development teams to build alliances with digital agencies and Fortune 500 marketers. The right individual will be a self-starter with experience in email and display advertising, and must possess a confident attitude and be a highly motivated team player.
- Cultivate, enhance, and leverage client relationships.
- Grow a book of business and ensure client satisfaction.
- Stay on top of industry research and trends to serve as a trusted adviser to clients.
- Attend meetings with existing partners, new prospects and agencies to offer advertising solutions.
- Translate product features and advantages into a marketable value proposition for new prospects.
- Partner effectively with Product, Brand Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Communications and other key internal teams to provide client solutions.
- Compile and analyze data regarding product performance, customer feedback, audience insights, and relationships to advocate improvements.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience with a digital agency, national marketer, and/or top online publisher.
- Strong ability to build and manage lasting relationships with a diverse set of clients.
- Profit and loss responsibility for a book of business (highly desirable).
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of:
- Email marketing and online media sales.
- Providing clients with advanced media insights.
- Digital marketing tactics and technologies – email, display, video, social media.
- Understanding of online ad units, fixed integration strategies, and behavioral targeting.
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as competitive assessment skills.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional teams