The Human Resources Manager will actively provide HR support and internal consulting to various functions and/or businesses. Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, the HR Manager will be responsible for management of day to day aspects of human resources supporting associates and management staff. Actively engages in Associate Benefits, On-boarding, Associate Relations, Performance Management, Compensation and the merit cycle, Legal and compliance issues and to ensure company policies are communicated, understood and followed. This position demonstrates a high level of integrity, a strong depth of knowledge, and a pro-active approach to customer service
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Identify, research, and recommend improvements and changes to control costs and provide competitive health benefits and quality service to associates.
- Work directly with benefits broker to review various benefits surveys to ensure a competitive overall benefits package is offered to associates. Assist with the plan design and implement benefit programs that are both cost effective and beneficial to associates.
- Regularly review and analyze the status of all benefit plans to ensure we are in full compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Develop and implement an effective communications strategy to increase awareness and ensure benefit plans are effectively utilized.
- Manages all aspects of annual open enrollment process, including reviewing presentations, inviting vendors, preparing communication materials and employee packets and logistics
- Provide data for annual audits, 5500 reports, etc as requested by the auditors; works with the Senior Director, Finance to ensure timely filings.
- Ensures that - all FMLA, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance claims are properly tracked and administered to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, as well as, SOA policy.
- Provides guidance and counseling to supervisors regarding associate relations issues.
- Provides coaching advice to associates on various issues.
- Develops written documentation related to warnings and performance improvement plan issues.
- Keeps VP of HR informed of all employee relations issues.
- Recommends, researches and develops new policies as necessary.
- Advises managers and associates on policy interpretation.
- Revises and updates current policies
- Ensures managers and associates understand the performance management process; answer questions and assist in training.
- Review performance appraisals for clarity and consistency.
Reward and Recognition Program
- Manages the - the R & R Program and ensures that the - communication of Program and recipient information is distributed appropriately.
- of Interest forms, etc.
TECHNICAL SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates solid understanding of HRIS systems and functions
- Demonstrates solid understanding of corporate and legal guidelines relevant to conflict resolution, formal/informal investigations and corrective actions
- Demonstrates solid understanding in administration of benefits such as STD/LTD, FMLA, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize Checkpoint HR, all benefit partner websites and MS Office applications.
- Works on assignments that are more complex in nature in which judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of generalist human resources experience in positions of increasing responsibility.
- Broad HR knowledge and experience partnering with business leaders in a large, complex and dynamic business environment is required.
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a fast-paced, technically focused environment is essential. Must be hands-on and capable of producing work with limited support staff.
- Must be results-oriented and demonstrate strategic thinking, innovation, flexibility in dealing with changing and ambiguous situations.
- Recent and relevant experience working closely with senior management across several functions with a track record of accomplishment and measurable business impact. Excellent project management skills including successful leadership of projects from planning phase through completion.
- Excellent leadership skills including; superb communication, delivery of results, consultative skills, partnership skills and team building.
- Ability to travel as appropriate