Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office which often cannot be brought to the attention of the program manager; the program manager sets the overall objectives of the work. The administrative assistant may participate in developing the work deadlines.
Duties include or are comparable to the following:
- arranges for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establishes appointment priorities, or reschedules or refuses appointments or invitations;
- Summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist program manager
- In the executive's absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member;
- Provide backup support for other administrative support staff, both contractor and Federal employees; Utilize and operate the Cisco VoIP telephone system
- Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Prepare correspondence in final form from draft or handwritten material, letters, memorandums, forms, reports, studies, vacancy announcements, position descriptions, specifications, legal documents, and other types of documents; Review documents to ensure compliance with GSA guidelines and procedures, and standards for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format prior to finalizing
- Notify personnel of travel arrangements and prepare written itineraries; Make arrangements for training and complete training forms; Make arrangements for conferences and meetings, including scheduling appointments and assembling background materials; maintain conference room calendar of scheduled meetings
- Process overnight mail
click the link below to apply directly: