The Senior Finance Manager, Digital Sales Revenue Recognition has responsibility for operational and technical revenue recognition aspects of the Digital division revenue streams such as digital media, custom content, revenue sharing arrangements and bundled packages.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the technical requirements of revenue accounting, accounting systems, processes and best practices. He or she will have demonstrable expertise in analyzing revenue agreements and transactions and determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and ASC 605. He or she will lead the implementation of process changes to comply with new requirements under ASC 606. The Sr. Finance Manager will proactively research revenue recognition accounting guidance, prepare technical memos and prepare related financial analysis.
This position reports to the Divisional Vice President, Finance for the Digital division and will interact with multiple stakeholders in Sales, Sales operations, Corporate and divisional sales finance, and Corporate shared services. This position is based in New York City and onsite meetings at our Teaneck, NJ Corporate Finance office at least monthly.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Company’s products and services, revenue streams and distribution channels and revenue models.
- Establish strong working relationships with key contacts throughout the sales, sales operations, and Finance organizations
- Proactively research technical revenue issues and respond to revenue questions related to new or non-standard contract terms, product/service offerings and marketing programs.
- Forecast and effectively communicate financial impacts of revenue recognition adjustments
- Partner with Sales Financial Planning and Analysis on revenue analysis that impacts revenue forecasting and reporting to management.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analysis and related deferred revenue recognition adjustments
- Manage the global monthly revenue close processes to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and the Company’s revenue recognition policies.
- Overall responsibility to review the accuracy of recorded revenue transactions, deferrals, sales adjustments and revenue reconciliations.
- Maintain updated detailed analysis of recognized revenue by sales order that reconciles to financial statements.
- Prepare and present ad hoc analyses as requested
- Lead continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and order to cash processes
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Certified Public Accountant required.
- Experience with digital sales products and revenue streams such as digital advertising sales, programmatic, content licensing, revenue share arrangements strongly preferred
- Revenue recognition experience and technical expertise in ASC 605
- Understanding and knowledge of new accounting requirements under ASC 606
- Total 8 years overall accounting or finance experience of which 3+ years of total experience in public accounting and industry required. 2+ years in a managerial capacity preferred.
- Operative and Oracle Financial Systems experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills required
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to deal with all levels of the organization
- Ability to successfully accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously with deadlines
To apply directly, use the link below: