This is a hands-on creative position for an innovative thinker to work with the Art Director to bring new and exciting tableware & product design to our company. Must enjoy working in a fast paced environment and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to design/illustrate trendy, fashion-forward artwork in line with our aesthetic. The ideal candidate for this position will be both tech savvy and creative. Excellent knowledge in the latest versions of both Photoshop and Illustrator is required.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to the below):
- Create Tableware Design & any additional artwork or style guides needed for coordinating decorations, products and packaging.
- Trend Research for all departments including, but not limited to, party trends, surface design and pattern trends, product ideas and development, innovation design and packaging, marketing, web etc.…
- Develop fresh, innovative, creative approaches to products that will enhance and give balance to product lines. Explore new product solutions to help the look of the product continue to evolve.
- Keep track of all projects and assignments independently. Extremely organized (file setup, layout, saving, etc).
- Great attention to detail and the ability to be thorough in each assignment.
- Must be able to take direction and understand and effectively meet all deadlines.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to the below):
- Execute initial design concepts all the way through to final production stage within allotted timelines that are based both on creative and business objectives. Bring these concepts “to life” for presentations (including but not limited to Trend Boards, Design Comps, Mock-ups etc…) and then all the way through to production.
- Participate in market research thru print, web, competitive shopping, & market assessment.
- Take ownership of all projects and demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of all assignments.
- Possess excellent communication skills in order to maintain good working relationships with colleagues in the department as well as individuals in other departments throughout the company. Know how and with whom to communicate in order to expedite all assignments and projects!
- Create mockups when needed for presentations and to ensure accuracy of mechanical file.
Qualifications (including but not limited to the below):
- Proficient in the technical setup & preparation of artwork files for production.
- Strong design, illustration skills & aesthetic. Highly Creative!
- Confident presentation & communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to take direction from Art Director and follow through and meet deadlines as indicated independently.
- Team player with flexibility to work on a variety of projects as needed. Independent and pro-active in problem solving.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate teamwork, have dependable work habits, efficient time management, as well as a clear understanding of job priorities.
- Possess sound communication skills & maintain good working relationships with colleagues and subordinates.
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards.
- B.F.A. or B.A. with specialization in Fine Arts or Graphic Design or equivalent degree. Will also consider related job experience in place of degree.
- Advanced Mac computer skills in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is preferred, not required
- PLM (an internal computer system for tracking assignments. Training will be provided.)
To apply directly, use the link below: