Job Title: Layout Artist
Reports to: Art Production Manager
The Layout Artist (LA) is responsible for the creation of the technical mechanical artwork for both product and packaging within the Party Division. Must keep up-to-date with the latest templates and safety regulations for all projects. Excellent knowledge in the latest versions of both Photoshop and Illustrator is required. The ideal candidate has a strong eye for layout, color, and composition, and is able to take design direction and critiques from the Art Production Manager (APM).
Responsibilities (including but not limited to the below):
- Create final, production-ready artwork mechanicals with quick direction from the APM. Create designs across many platforms and maintain consistency.
- Keep track of all projects and assignments independently. Extremely organized (file setup, layout, saving, etc).
- Great attention to detail and the ability to be thorough in each assignment. Must be proactive in problem solving. This may include working directly with fellow LAs, APMs, and/or the Pre-Press Team to ensure all projects are completed accurately. Communication with other teams may also be required.
- Must be able to take direction and understand and effectively meet all deadlines.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to the below):
- Create production ready product and packaging mechanicals. This includes, but is not limited to a masterful knowledge of: Accurate use of Latest Template, Printed Color, Size Accuracy, Layout Accuracy, Safety/Warnings & International Language Compliance.
- Develop fresh, innovative, creative approaches to both product and packaging. Explore, suggest & create new product/packaging solutions to help with cost, sales, design, product understanding etc... for each program.
- Interpret & adapt Licensed Product and Packaging Style Guides into compelling looks that work with both for the Licensee and Amscan.
- Follow Seasonal/Everyday Product and Packaging Style Guides across many formats and maintain consistency and cohesiveness.
- Call to the attention of the APM any templates that require updating or additional information.
- Take ownership of all projects and demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of all assignments.
- Create mockups when needed for presentations and to ensure accuracy of mechanical file.
Qualifications (including but not limited to the below):
- Proficient in the technical setup & preparation of artwork files for production.
- Strong design, illustration skills & aesthetic. Highly Creative!
- Confident presentation & communication skills.
- Outstanding ability to take direction from APM and follow through and meet deadlines as indicated independently.
- Team player with flexibility to work on a variety of projects as needed. Independent and pro-active in problem solving.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrate teamwork, have dependable work habits, efficient time management, as well as a clear understanding of job priorities.
- Possess sound communication skills & maintain good working relationships with colleagues and subordinates.
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards.
- B.F.A. or B.A. with specialization in Graphic Design or equivalent degree. Will also consider related job experience in place of degree.
- Advanced Mac computer skills in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is preferred, not required
PLM (an internal computer system for tracking assignments. Training will be provided.)