The Real Estate Senior Accountant will assist with accounting responsibilities related to our Real Estate and Store Operating areas. Responsibilities include coordination of monthly close, account analysis, budgeting, reporting and departmental financial reviews.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Coordinating and completing of the fiscal month end closing process. Ensuring journal entries are recorded timely and accurately.
- Assist with implementation of ASC 842 and ongoing management of lease accounting system.
- Perform account analysis and reconciliations on Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts.
- Assist in budgeting various occupancy and insurance income related accounts
- Communicate with internal and external auditors during quarterly and year-end audits
- Prepare journal entries during month-end closing.
- Liaison between Finance and Real Estate, Facilities and Store Operations.
- Assist with Month End Reporting.
- Perform other ad hoc special projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of general ledger and accounting principles, particularly Real Estate Accounting and ASC 842
- Extremely strong communication skills with all levels of management and staff, both internal and external.
- Knowledge of AMT Direct Lease Administrative software a plus.
- Prior experience working in Real Estate Accounting industry a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounting or related experience.
- Strong Oracle knowledge is preferred.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Very strong analytical skills needed.
- Very strong organizational skills required.
- Experience dealing with and understanding leases.
- Retail experience a plus.